Saturday, January 14, 2012

Are You For Real?

Psalm 119:22(MSG)
Don't let them mock and humiliate me; I've been careful to do just what You said.

I was reading in the Word today, and I came across something in the gospels about feigning your faith.  You know....pretending to be something we aren't.  Acting like we have a strong faith in God, but not really having one.  Interesting.  When I combine that with tonight's verse about being careful to do what God tells us to do, I come face to face with a difficult question. 

So, here it is.  Am I for real?  Do I REALLY believe what I am saying I believe?  Or have I just learned to masquerade as a disciple of Christ.  Going to church every Sunday.  Using the "church talk" to navigate the world of religion.  Looking good to others, much like the pharisees, but not having any depth of relationship with the One True God. 

I think the psalmist in the verse tonight is standing on the fact that he KNOWS that he has walked the walk, not just talked the talk!!  He's "legit" as we like to say in our modern world.  He can unequivocally claim that he did everything that his Father asked of him! 

I desire that kind of faith...a child like faith........wow!  I want to be an authentic Christian....

Father,
Thank you for allowing us the ability to search Your word and know that You are good.  Thank you for blessing us each day with a fresh hope for our future.  Give us the courage and power to know You more and follow through on all that You direct us to do.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment