Monday, January 9, 2012

Absolutely Nothing

Psalm 119:21(NIV)
You rebuke the arrogant, who are cursed and who stray from Your commands.

Webster's dictionary defines arrogance as the act of being haughty.  Haughty is defined as having or showing great pride in oneself AND having contempt for others.  I guess the point here is that the focus is abundantly on yourself!  I suppose that when we start getting our eyes off of the Lord and onto ourselves, we are in for a tumultuous ride. 

I saw a billboard today on my drive around the town.  It read:  What will you see Jesus do through you this year?  Isn't that incredible?  That must be the opposite of arrogance.  When I recognize that the good things I accomplish are from Jesus working in my life and give Him the glory instead of assigning myself the praise, I keep from becoming puffed up with pride.  Pretty good stuff. 

I'm going to leave you tonight with these words written by Sarah Young in her daily devotional titled:  Jesus Calling.  She writes as though the Lord is speaking directly to you.

My sweet little friend doing "hard things"!
"I AM WITH YOU AND FOR YOU.  When you decide on a course of action that is in line with My will, nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you.  You may encounter many obstacles as you move toward your goal, but don't be discouraged--never give up! 

Luke 1:37(ESV)
For nothing will be impossible with God.

Lord,
Your presence in our lives is completely overwhelming!  I know that You are our hope and our courage to do the hard things in life that You want done.  Work through our hands, feet, mouths, minds, hearts, talents, strengths, and weaknesses to do mighty things for Your kingdom in the coming months.  Help me to remember that absolutely nothing is impossible with YOU
I'm standing on Your promises,
Amen 






No comments:

Post a Comment