Friday, December 31, 2010

The Storms of Life

Proverbs 1:26 (MSG)
I'll turn the tables and joke about your troubles!
What if the roof falls in, and your whole life goes to pieces?

We have a tornado watch here this morning, so reading of the "roof falling in" seems a little too tangible to me right now!



As the thunder rumbles in the back ground and the radar shows an intense line of thunderstorms heading our way, this verse comes alive today.  So much like the whipping rain and strong winds that will come with these storms, are the difficult times in our lives.  I know that I am always one step away from a struggle in my life, but as long as I have the Lord to guide me and walk me through it, I can endure it.
In her book, In My Father's House, Corrie ten Boom says, "So many times we wonder why God has certain things happen to us.  We try to understand the circumstances of our lives, and we are left wondering.  But God's foolishness is so much wiser than our wisdom.  From generation to generation, from small beginnings and little lessons, He has a purpose for those who know and trust Him.  God has no problems, just plans".
I NEVER want to have the Lord stand back and laugh at my troubles, therefore, I will continue to pray for Him to keep me sensitive to His counsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment