Friday, December 24, 2010

Keep a Clear Image

Proverbs 1:19 (MSG)

When you grab all you can get, that's what happens:  the more you get, the less you are.


Focus....Focus....Focus.....




 What this means in my life, is that when my focus shifts from spiritual matters to material gain....I better look out!!  When I am more concerned about the inanimate objects that suround me, than the sweet lives that I am privileged to be a part of, my whole purpose for being created is lost.  If I allow the clear image of Christ to become blurred, I could become saturated with an opressive desire to get more stuff and the next thing you know, I'll do whatever I can to get it.........yikes!!
The ESV Bible says it this way:  "Proverbs 1:19~Such are the ways of everyone who is greedy for unjust gain; it takes away the life of its possessors."  My prayer for today, on this Christmas Eve, is to praise the Father who would give us Immanuel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment