Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Truth in 2014

Psalm 119:72 (MSG)
Truth from Your mouth means more to me than striking it rich in a gold mine.
My daughter and I enjoying a little late night snow...
not so sure our pup was as thrilled about the fun as we were.

Happy New Year!!  I am praying that in 2014, God, who is with you always, will help you to sense His presence in a palpable way....every single day this year!

As I reflect on another year gone by, here is my take away...I HAVE to have His truth!   Traditionally the first day of a new year is a day of resolutions and reflection.  A day to pause and decide if we like where we're headed.  A few hours to rewind and remember where we've been.  It is a time to purposefully relish in the goodness and blessings of the past year....and then think about a fresh start...because indeed the truth is....His mercies are new EVERY morning...of every day...not just the first day of the year!  Yay!  
 
Today's verse is so timely for a day like today.  "Truth from Your mouth means more to me than striking it rich..."  Without God's word in my life, I would be such a mess!  (And I really mean that....)  I would be drowning in my insecurities and consulting my inner confused state all of the time!  Unfortunately, I still find myself shifting to those things if I'm not intentionally returning to God's word and His truth for my life on a daily basis. 

This year, I intend to read the New Living Translation Daily Study Bible For Women by Jill Briscoe.  There is also a New Living Translation Daily Study Bible For Men by Stuart Briscoe (Jill's husband).  My husband and I are planning on utilizing the study units and allowing them to draw us closer to His truth in 2014!  The study Bibles do stand alone, however, and do not have to be used in tandem, but if you are a couple looking for a Bible experience together, it looks to be a great one!  The Briscoe's have a ministry called:  Telling The Truth.  If you would like to visit their website, you can  click here to read more about  it.

Almighty God,
Thank you for an amazing 2013!  It was a little bumpy, very challenging, sometimes hard, but wonderfully full of Your provision!  Thank You for Your Word that will always direct us to Your Son and the truth!
In Jesus Name,
Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment