Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sensational Sunday


Psalm 119:24
Yes, Your sayings on life are what give me delight; I listen to them as to good neighbors!

Happy Sunday!! I want to pass on my summary of our Pastor's message this morning, as it gave me so much delight just like the verse for today says. I know that after you read the verses that follow, you too will be lifted up and confident that the Lord has a good plan and purpose for you in 2012.


This is a prayer that Paul prayed for the Thessalonians, and a clear picture of what God wants to do for us in this new year!

II Thessalonians 2:16-17
May Jesus himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech.

Our pastor went on to list the five things that God wants to do for you in 2012:

God wants to surprise you with unending help. He wants you to know that He is with you.

God wants to surprise you with confidence and the belief that He is going to help you even if you feel like you are in over your head.

God wants to put a fresh and vibrant heart in you. He wants to give you a desire to be in His Word and to call on His name.

God wants to invigorate your work! He wants to give you a fresh enthusiasm for your job and a renewed quest to be a light to those you are around every day.

God wants to enliven your speech. Clearly He wants to give you words that build up and restore life within those who are listening.

The first gift to arrive from Haiti.
I am delighted to hear this message of hope! I have a sweet friend who is awaiting her daughter's arrival from Haiti through an adoption process. We are praying for a swift and safe completion to a somewhat complicated and tedious process. This is just one of the many prayer requests that I know I will get to see answered this year!

I am gaining so much faith in the Lord's provision as I stand on these verses and wait to see how He will bring about His good purposes in our lives! I have no idea how many obstacles He will move for us in this year, but I am expecting great things. To Him be the glory!


Lord,
You ARE good and You DO good! Thank you for this word of hope You delivered today. Fill us with a love and courage for the future that knows no boundaries! Grant us wisdom that comes straight from You today!
In Jesus hopeful name,
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment