Thursday, February 16, 2012

He Hears You

Psalm 119:26(MSG)
When I told my story, you responded;  train me well in your deep wisdom.

What an awesome verse this is!  The art of listening really is an impressive gift that is hard to come by in today's hurried and frenzied world of self promotion.  The fact that the Lord hears us when we tell our story to Him AND He responds is beyond comprehension when you really stop to ponder it! 

Even more incredible than that is the fact that He responds to my story with great love and compassion.  I mean, some of my stories are, well quite frankly, pretty pathetic and needy.  However, He doesn't turn a deaf ear to my hearts cry, instead, He responds with the answer that He knows will be the best for me, His child. 

Matthew 7:9-11(ESV)
Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent?  If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

The words in this verse that stand out to me tonight are that God will give us "good things" when we ask.  If what I am asking for is not the best "good thing" for me, then I have to trust that God knows better about what will be good for me than I do.  This apparent silence from God is a difficult lesson in learning how to trust in the One who can provide every need we have before we even know we have it!  It is also an amazing lesson in learning to look for those covert ways that God is active and blessing our situation.

What about you?  Have you ever felt like your prayers are going unanswered?  I have.  The longer I walk with the Lord, however, the more I have come to trust His silence in my life.  He sometimes chooses to be still, because He knows what is best for me.  Perhaps it is so that I will imitate His stillness.  It is often in those frenzied times of my life when I arrogantly tell Him what He needs to do for me that I miss what He is already doing right underneath my nose.  Sometimes, in His great mercy and grace, God remains motionless while I figure out that His way is the best way.  He delivers "good things" in my life every day, but sometimes, I am unable to recognize them because I am not slowing down enough to really look!  
God will always provide a way....He is responding to you!
If you are discouraged right now, do not give up!  He is listening!  He is responding to your story, it's just that you may not be able to recognize His movement in your situation at this precise time.  His word promises that He will train us in His wisdom to the point that we will be able to identify His answers to our prayers.  It is up to us to keep looking and asking! 

Father,
Your responsiveness to my story leaves me speechless.  The mere fact that I am called Your child is enough.  It is simply enough.....
In the mighty name of Jesus,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment