Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Just Dirt

Psalm 119:25(NKJV)
My soul clings to the dust; Revive me according to Your word.

I saw a bill board today and here is what it said:  I know God recycles, because He created us from dust.

We're just dirt without Him!
What a great thought!  We did come from dust! We came from dust and God's breath of life.
 
Genesis 2:7 (NKJV) 
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;  and man became a living being.

Today's verse is a reminder that my life is so dependent  upon Him.  Without the breath of the Lord within me, I am...well...just dirt.  Plain and simple.

However, there's good news in this verse!  He gives me a chance to be revived.  According to His promises that He provides throughout His word, I can live an abundant life.  A life that is aglow with His glory.  A life that is purposeful and has deep meaning. 

Here is the Message translation:
Psalm 119:25(MSG)
I'm feeling terrible--I couldn't feel worse!  Get me on my feet again.  You promised, remember?

God's word is true!  His faithful words are our stepping stones to a successful existence on planet earth and forever after.  Keep those steps going...and do not ever quit, because as long as you have the breath of His life within you, you still have an assignment to finish! 

Father,
Thank you for breathing Your breath of life into us.  Encourage us today to keep moving forward in a walk that is full of Your kingdom purposes. 
In the name of Jesus,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment