Thursday, September 1, 2011

Smashing Kingdoms

Psalm 136:17(MSG)Smashed huge kingdoms right and left, His love never quits.

Busy...busy...busy!  Yep, it is a busy time of the year for me.  What am I doing that is keeping me so busy you ask?  Well, playing "catch up" mainly.  I never can seem to keep all of the balls in the air.  Kind of ashamed of that fact, but 'tis true.  It would seem that no matter how hard I try; no matter what "get organized" trick I use, I am forever "feeling" like I am behind.  Is that a  "kingdom to be smashed?"  Perhaps.

I most certainly think that the sensation of never having enough time in the day to accomplish all that I want to complete, can be a distraction and therefore a "kingdom" to be destroyed.  When I read this verse today, I am convinced more than ever that the Lord wants to conquer those areas in our life that steal the sense of joy and purpose that He has for us through His love.  Feeling frenzied and unorganized is definitely a thief that can rob your sense of peace.

I'm choosing to refocus this day on what the Lord wants me to finish...settling into His plan for my day and resting in the divine, instead of rushing through my "to do list", mindlessly unaware of His presence. 

Lord,
Help me to work in Your presence today.  Smash any kingdom that would come between You and I.  Thank you for your word that tells me, "Your love never quits!"
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment