Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fast and Furious

Psalm 119:44(MSG)
Oh, I'll guard with my life what You've revealed to me, guard it now, guard it ever;

It's interesting to me how we become protective of information that we sense may somehow either benefit or harm us.  We guard our social security numbers, birth certificates, driver's licenses, bank account numbers and the list goes on.  These items contain our identity and allow us privileges and freedoms that we would not have without them.  Today, as I have listened to commentary on the news stations regarding the "Fast and Furious" situation, I see this behavior in full swing. 

Apparently the president is invoking "Executive Privilege" over the documents dealing with the details surrounding the actions taken from a committee dating back over eighteen months ago.  It appears, in this particular instance, that the information being protected might be an attempt to cover up mistakes or poor decisions that have already had a harmful impact on at least one individual, if not an entire nation.  As I listen to the banter, it sounds similar to the conversations I heard on the television during the Watergate scandal.  The political fallout and effect on our nation's security will remain to be seen.
The Lord knows your heart.
Today's verse tells me to "guard with my life" the revelations that He  has given me.  The Lord reveals to each one of us important truths.  He lovingly uncovers the shape of our heart and whispers His healing words over the broken areas of our lives.  Guard those precious words of life giving balm.  If you are a child of God, then you recognize His voice.  You know when the Lord has unearthed important treasures in your life.  Don't ever let anyone or anything create doubt within you.  Stand firm in confident faith and guard the revelations that He has given you.

God,
Help me to protect and guard the words that You so graciously speak to me.  Place within me a strong assurance that You know my heart and the deep needs that lie within it.
Thank You for Your unending love,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment