Friday, November 20, 2015

You Make Me Brave

Psalm 119:95-96(MSG) The wicked lie in ambush to destroy me, but I'm only concerned with Your plans for me. I see the limits to everything human, but the horizons can't contain Your commands!

That's worth retyping.....and reading slowly...
"I'm only concerned with Your plans for me...I see the limits to everything human.."

This verse is so powerful it almost blew me out of my chair. Specifically, the words made me think of some beautiful lives that I have had the privilege to watch, either from afar, or close up. These folks have taken the stand to focus on God during the worst storms of their lives and to acknowledge that we as humans really do have limits. Watching these people makes me brave.

The horizons can't contain Your commands!
This is the story of my friend Kim. She is one of those people who make me brave! Read Kim's story at 7 Billion Ones by clicking here. I promise if you are scared right now, her story will give you courage!!

Oh Lord...
You are our light and our salvation- whom shall we fear? You are the stronghold of our lives- of whom shall we be afraid? (Psalm 27:1 in my words.)
I am so thankful for Kim and the strength that she has modeled as she has chosen to accept Your plan for her life. Please give us Your courage to live each day for You!
In Christ's name~
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment