Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Sun Came Up Late Today

Psalm 119:90(MSG)
Your truth never goes out of fashion; it's as up-to-date as the earth when the sun comes up.  

The sun was late rising this morning.  Well, at least that's what it felt like when I awoke to darkness, as compared with yesterday when the sun was shining brightly in my window at the exact same time.  I already miss that sunbeam coming into my bedroom early. Today is "Day Light Savings", so we sprang forward an hour.  I don't understand the need for Day Light "Savings" Time.  Do we actually save time?  This has always perplexed me.  We get what we get, right?  We end up shuttling more light to the end of the day and less brightness to the front half, but it's the same amount of time, so why do we call it "daylight savings time"?  Indeed...one of the baffling questions of my life that will never have a satisfying answer as far as I can tell.   

Springing forward.
I clearly like consistency, as you can discern from my dislike of the whole time change thing.  Oh to have such problems, right? But on a more serious note, one of my favorite things about God's word is that it is always the same.  It never changes. The words of the Bible are as applicable today as they were centuries ago.  

His Words are on time...every time.  They are never late. The truths of God are for everyone.  They are not for majorities or minorities.  The Word of God is forever adorned with the greatness of His love, mercy, and grace. We don't have to set it forward or back it up to keep pace with the culture in which we live. The Lord has taken care of all of that for us.  Sweet!!   

Father,
Thank You for providing us with an up-to-date time clock that will never change. Thank You for the comfort that we find in Your Word;  a strong tower to run to for shelter. Your words are a light unto our path and a lamp unto our feet.  Your voice is like a gentle stream of living water bringing life to all who would drink deeply of it.  I am forever amazed and give You all of my praise today.
In Christ's Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment