Friday, March 6, 2015

God's Promises Are Permanent

Psalm 119:89(MSG)
What you say goes, God, and stays , as permanent as the heavens.

The word "permanent" in a Mom's mind conjures up visions of the Sharpie Marker on walls or clothing, right?  Yep.  That's tough stuff to get out.  No amount of scrubbing...even after soaking in "Shout" can get those stains out.  Believe me, I've tried.  It might fade a little, but it isn't leaving.  Nope, it's there for good.

That's a beautiful thought when I think about the promises God has made to us.  They are real and what He says goes.  His words stay forever, just like that marker.

Here are three of my favorite non-washable promises from the Lord:

Florida sunset...thanks for sharing Dad!
Psalm 103:12 (NIV)- As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.

Joshua 1:9 (NIV)  Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified;  do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Psalm 27: 1-2 (NIV)  The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear?  
The Lord is the stronghold of my life-  of whom shall I be afraid?  
When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.    

Father,
Thank You for writing on my heart with permanent marker.  Your words are an everlasting comfort to me.  Bring them to my mind often and help me to live them out every day of my life here on earth!  Let the peace of Your words flow over each one reading this right now.
In Christ's name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment