Wednesday, July 18, 2012

No Fear

Psalm 119:46(MSG)
Then I'll tell the world what I find, speak out boldly in public, unembarrassed!

Downy Woodpecker in rehab after his near death experience.
Introducing people to Jesus and sharing how He has radically changed my life should not be a tough task, so why is it?  My simple answer is that I am afraid.  Afraid of what?  I am afraid of being misunderstood.  I am fearful of looking foolish.  I am uneasy that I might not have all the answers to their questions.  Basically, I am concerned that they might think I am a nut!  Thankfully, as always, God gives me a clear assignment in His word.  Not surprisingly, He doesn't let me off the hook because of my feelings of fear.


My daughter fearlessly training him to fly.
God's direction was given through the last audible words that Jesus spoke to His disciples while on earth. There is no mention that fear can be utilized to give us a free pass to remain quiet.  No, instead it appears that we are to put that trepidation aside and press on "boldly and unembarrassed".  He said in Matthew 28:19-20(NIV)~Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.

Well, there you have it!  I need to share Christ with everyone that God gives me the privilege of interacting with, whether by word or in action.   Interestingly, there are many commands in the Bible.  The one that is repeated the most often, 365 times in fact, is  "Do not be afraid!"  God wants us to live fearlessly every single day, because to live without fear allows us to be an effective witness for Him! 

Lord,
You know my weaknesses and my strengths.  Strip the fear from me and clothe me in faith.  Graciously allow me to be a part of Your perfect plan and purpose through the bold proclamation of who You are.
In the name of Christ,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment