Friday, January 20, 2012

Steep Yourself In God's Provisions

Luke 12:22 & 25(NIV)
22~Then Jesus said to his disciples:  "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat;  or about your body, what you will wear.  25~Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 

I frequently listen to our local radio station, 88.3 the Wind FM, as I do my morning commute.  They always have a positive thought for the day.  Today's thought was something like this:  "Worry is like rocking in a rocking chair.  It gives you something to do, but you get no where!" 

I have been known to struggle with worry!  I haven't met too many people who don't have  an issue with this at some point in their life.  There are certainly some very stressful situations that we deal with throughout our life span.  I would never want to treat someone dismissively when their heart is in turmoil over a heavy burden, but I'm thankful once again, to be able to turn to the Word of God and rest in His presence for situations that are beyond my control.  It is there that I find peace and I pray that you will find His peace there too.

Here is what the Lord tells me in the gospel of Luke about how to deal with my worries:

Luke 12:31-32(MSG)
Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions.  You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.  Don't be afraid of missing out.  You're my dearest friend!  The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself.
FOCUS!  Even if you're only holding on by a thread.
So, once again, my focus is so important.  I can't take my eyes off of Him!!  When I start getting distracted, He is a gentle reminder that HE IS A BIG GOD!!  He CAN handle it.

Lord,
Thank you for the encouraging words that you set in our hearts and minds to equip us to handle our worries.  When we struggle with the concerns of today, please help us to refocus and lay them at the foot of the cross for You to carry for us.  For those who are reading this right now and are carrying extremely heavy burdens, I am asking You to surround them with Your peace and gentle reassuring love.  Thank you for wanting to give us the "very kingdom itself".
In Christ name, 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment