Thursday, April 14, 2011

Take Your Teachers Seriously

Proverbs 5:13 (MSG)
Why didn't I listen to my mentors, or take my teachers seriously?

I am definitely taking yesterday's revelation and applying it!  I even started my new eating habit on the way home from church last night.  Usually, we drive through our local drive thru and get a "lowfat frozen yogurt" treat for our snack.  But last night we past it by...(with much moaning from the kids I might add)...and we went straight home.  Upon arriving at the house, I pulled out the fruit and water and made fruit smoothies!  They were delicious!

Next meal came this morning, when I pulled out Kristen's book and thumbed through it to this delightful "baked oatmeal" recipe.  It was wonderful~notice the missing pieces...yummy!
So, there you have it, I am "listening to my teachers and taking them seriously!"  I don't want to reject discipline and end up with the consequences.....instead, I will reap the rewards of a disciplined life...look out cholesterol level!!

Thanking God for this day, for my family's health, and for His saving grace.
PS.~The tulip is still dead....but, I am still watering and feeding it....who knows what it will look like in eleven days.  I know that I am growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment