Thursday, April 7, 2011

Real Life Is At The Foot Of The Cross

Proverbs 5:6 (MSG)

She hasn't a clue about Real Life, about who she is or where she's going.

I've been thinking about this whole "seductive woman" warning.  I have been looking at it primarily from the aspect of being certain I don't want to imitate her behavior.  I've also been focusing on the husband and the trap that she is laying for him.  Today, however, I started thinking that the roles could be reversed.  Do you follow me?  I mean that it could be a "seductive man" leading a woman astray as well, couldn't it?  Damage would be just as destructive....right?  Just a thought.

Anyway, there's a different focus tonight.  Instead of the description of the behavior and it's outcome, the verse is actually talking about her characteristics.  The conclusion I come to, is that this woman has no direction for her life.  She has missed the purpose for her existence, and she doesn't even realize it.  A wandering and lost soul, she (he) searches for meaning in what others can offer them.  It brings an element of emptiness within my heart when I consider these things.

One of my all time favorite verses in the Bible that keeps me on track and continually reminds me what "real life" is and who I am is found in Galations 2:20.  It states, "I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.  And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for  me." (ESV)  Isn't that beautiful?!

Thanking God for His Word that brings me hope and direction.  Asking Him to daily infuse our family with His Word, so that we might live a life full of love, service, joy and hope....never turning from the path that He has carved out for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment