Thursday, February 25, 2016

The Wisest Counselor

Psalm 119:99-100(MSG)
I've even become smarter than my teachers since I've pondered and absorbed Your counsel. I've become wiser than the wise old sages simply by doing what You tell me.

Hmmm...I definitely do NOT feel smarter than my teachers. 

However, I do know that the more I choose to be aware and responsive to the Lord's presence in my life, the more confident I am becoming in my role as a daughter of the most high King. I know that when I ponder the word of God and put it into action, I feel an indescribable strength coming from within. When I absorb verses like John 14:15-18 (NIV), I find a fresh resolve to listen and obey the "Spirit of truth." Read the following words slowly, as it is Christ, the Son of the living God, promising to help us forever!

"If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him or knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you.I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

My birds have given up on trying to chase this
big fella away. I guess they figure if he stays on
his side and they stay on their side nobody
will get hurt! Now that's what I call wisdom!!
Let's face it, in this day and age of technology, a person could feel very overwhelmed and unintelligent extremely quickly. I know this to be true...cuz...I'm living it. I did not grow up with cell phones and key pads. I just recently broke the habit of the "2 spaces" after a period, reducing it to only one space. If you don't know what I'm talking about, that's okay, I can explain. Apparently the current industry standard is to only use one space at the end of a period and before the next sentence. Many of us more, shall we say, mature folks...ahem...were taught to leave two spaces post period in "typing class". Now it's "digital computer class" and it's one space. How did I learn this? From my daughter as I was reading one of her research papers. Yep...I tried to "correct" her and she ended up correcting me. Oh dear. My most recent "learning adventure" involves working the Mac Book without a mouse! I don't know what's so wrong with the mouse. I suppose it is more efficient without it in certain circumstances, however, it's a whole new hand eye coordination game to tap, touch, slide, hold, two finger, one finger & swipe the touch pad to simply check your email or write a blog post. Must I really give up my mouse??!! Oops...I'm getting off topic here. 

So, you see, now you know why it is that I do NOT feel smarter than my teachers...and never will! I wasn't meant to. I need the wiser counsel of the Lord. I need the presence of His Spirit to guide me and continually teach me the will of the Father. Pressing on...

Lord,
You are so good to have left us with a close friend; One who lives within us and gives us the substantial amount of help that we need to navigate the waters of this fast paced world. May we be ever mindful and responsive to the voice of the Wisest Counselor. May Your name be praised today and forever.
In the powerful name of Christ,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment