Thursday, September 18, 2014

Learning To Trust Him More


Genesis 9:13 (NIV)
I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

Learning to trust Him more.

I'm very much enjoying the "NIV Streams in the Desert" Bible.  It is a  devotional Bible filled with 365 deep devotions from L.B. Cowman that have been set alongside the NIV scripture translation.  The single most obvious detail that I find incredibly astounding about these devotions is that they were written by this man over 100 years ago, and yet, they are as relevant and timely today as they must have been back then.  The reflections are complex and thought provoking and, at the same time, hold simple truths.    

I don't know what this day has in store for you, nor do I know what it holds for myself, but this short excerpt from one of the devotions, will surely bathe your soul in rest....I know it did mine.

"Remember, clouds are always moving ahead of Gods cleansing wind. 

I cannot know why suddenly the storm
Should rage so fiercely round me in its wrath; 
But this I know--God watches all my path,
And I can trust.

I may not draw aside the unseen veil
That hides the unknown future from my sight,
Nor know if for me waits the dark or light;
But I can trust.

I have no power to look across the tide,
To see while here the land beyond the river;
But this I know--I will be God's forever;
So I can trust."     L. B. Cowman

Father,
Thank you for the promise you have given to always be watching over us and to gently remind us that we are "Yours forever".  May You continue to show us Your love and favor today.  Help me to have more trust and less doubt.
In Jesus name,
Amen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment