Thursday, February 14, 2013

Live The Love

I Corinthians 13:3-7(MSG)

If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere.  So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

(What is love, anyway?)

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,

Father~Daughter Walk
Isn't always "me first",
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

I'm interrupting my regular postings from Psalm 119 to bring you Paul's definition of love on this Valentine's Day, 2013.  In a world where the word "love" is tossed around like a hot potato, it is good to remember what loving someone is truly about.....

Lord,
Thank you for providing in Your Son the ultimate example of what love is.  May You empower us through Your Holy Spirit to love in the way You intended.
In Christ's Name,
Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment