Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What God Says Is Good

Psalm 119:39(MSG)
Deflect the harsh words of my critics--
but what you say is always so good.

His Word is so good!
The words we say to people can be so harsh can't they?  We need to be so careful that we are building up rather than tearing down.  This is especially true where our children are concerned.  They are always listening to what we say.  It may not seem like they hear us, but they do indeed. 

I have forgotten a lot of things through the years, but the memories that stick most forcefully in my mind are the words of encouragement and in stark contrast the words of discouragement that people have said to me!  We tend to replay those words over and over again.  This verse is a good reminder to me to let my words be uplifting and kind.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for Your words that are always good.  Please forgive the careless and selfish words that sometimes spew from my mouth.  Guard my tongue in the future and help me to use words that build up instead of tear down.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment