Monday, August 1, 2011

The Skies Of Light

Psalm 136:7(MSG)
The God who filled the skies with light, His love never quits.


I love the way the light is reflecting off of the water in this picture.  If you study it closely, you can even see the clouds in the sky mirrored in the gentle ripples.  In order for our path to be illuminated we must have light's presence.  I can't see anything in the dark!  Light is a gift from the Lord that He knew we would need and a daily reminder of His love for us!

I frequently repeat His word, literally out loud, and often in my mind when I am struggling with any number of things.  The following verse has given me courage (not the absence of fear, but the ability to proceed) in many times of trouble.  In a particularly difficult season of my young daughter's life, she was experiencing a great deal of fear, so we memorized this verse together.  The strength she received was extremely faith building for both of us.  His Word is so powerful!

Psalm 27:1(NIV)
The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid? (Italics mine.)

Father,
Thank you for the physical light that You provide for us every day.  Thank you also for the light of Your word to guide my steps and give me a sure foundation of hope to stand on in all circumstances. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment